Welcome to my recipe page. I am no chef so if you are wanting that, please stop reading now. This is a glimpse into my life as a twin mom trying to work full time, keeping somewhat of a normal house, being a mom to 3 1/2 year old twins and still trying to cook a decent meal. You will find recipes here, these recipes will come from family and friends, as well as, other blogs and cook books. I will also share with you the failures that I have in the kitchen, as those happen often. So, if you have not subscribed yet, I strongly suggest doing so as this section is going to be a real show! CHEERS!
For this week recipe, I am including a cherry crisp. My husband loves cherry anything so of course, he was excited when I said I would do my first post on this one.
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts of your choice (this will be the topping so you do not have to do this if you do not want too)
- 1/3 cup melted butter (I melt country crock in the microwave until I have 1/3 cup)
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- Pour pie filling into the dish and spread evenly on the bottom.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Mix in the melted butter in the bowl.
- Spread over pie filling, and sprinkle chopped nuts of your choice on top.
- Bake in the overn for 30 minutes, or until topping is brown.
- Allow 15 minutes before serving.
- Put on a plate and if you are an ice cream lover, throw on some ice cream on top.