Happy Tasty Tuesday everyone! I know it has been a while since we have shared a recipe with you but that is okay because we are BACK! Now, if you are wondering who the “WE” are, I am referring to my home girl and one of my best friends Bethany Crisp. Bethany is a bad-ass mom with 2 boys that loves everyone and everything. Seriously, she is the kind of woman that you find yourself liking no matter what. She walks in the room and people just love her, true story. Plus, she has cooking skills and home decor skills that dreams are made of, at least my dreams. Her and I are excited to share our go-to summer salad. She is sharing her healthier version of Chick-Fil-A’s cobb salad. Go check it out today!! Plus, you can find out more about Bethany on her blog at http://crispcollective.org/. If you are not following her yet, do yourself and get to following, you will not be disappointed. Side note- she also has a super cute summer sips post for your upcoming July 4th party, go check it out.
Now for my summer salad. If you checked out my blog post yesterday, you probably read that I have been trying to eat better and smarter. So, I am sharing my summer corn, avocado and black bean salad. This salad is so yummy, it makes your mouth water.There are quite a few out there and they are all so yummy. I have been making this for summers now. Mine is very similar, I just changed up a few things. It takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and serve and you can eat on it all week. Plus, it is the perfect addition to your summer gatherings. Check it out!!
What do you need
- 2 Avocados
- 1 ¾ cup frozen corn (run under cold water for a minute)
- 30 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 15 oz can of black beans (drained and washed)
- 1 small red onion, ½ of it used and finely diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped, I used stems as well
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 6 squirts of lime juice or 2 limes
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- I made the dressing first and then put in the fridge. Just mix all the ingredients and stir/whisk until completely mixed. It needs to be chilled for at least 15 minutes before mixing into the salad.
- Prep all the veggies together in a bowl and mix.
- Pour dressing on top and place in fridge.
- Let sit in fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- Enjoy with some chips or as a side dish. Pictured below we combined our salad with our dinner on Fathers Day.