Hey Hey Everyone! Happy Tuesday. It is the 3rd Tuesday of the month which means my friend Bethany Crisp and I are sharing another round of Tasty Tuesday with you all. This weeks Tasty Tuesday feature is Tacos. I got this recipe from the blogger “The Girl Who Ate Everything.” I love everything about Mexican food, even the greasy part but this recipe is not greasy at all. It is actually quite perfect. With pool season right around the corner, it is time this mom gets in shape. What better way than doing it with some yummy healthy meals. This is one of that recipes that you feel super full afterwards but not so full that you cannot move. You should check it out. Make sure to head over to my best girls page Bethany Crisp to see her crockpot Chipotle Chicken Tacos. They sound delicious. CHEERS!
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 24 medium shrimp (raw, peeled, and deveined)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- 8 Tortillas (flour is what we used)
- toppings: red cabbage (we did not use), crumbled feta cheese
- In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients for the avocado salsa, and add salt and pepper. Chill in fridge until ready to serve.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp marinade. Add the shrimp and toss to combine. Let the shrimp marinate with grill is heating. Do not let it sit too long or the lime juice will come off.
- Thread the shrimp on the skewers.
- Grill 2-3 minutes per side or until shrimp is not opaque. You can also cook on stove if do not have a grill.
- Warm tortillas on the grill or in the microwave.
- Assemble the tacos by place the cabbage, 3 shrimps in each taco and top with the avocado salsa. Top that with feta cheese and serve with a couple limes on the side.
The Skewers can be found at Crate And Barrel.