What do you need?
- 4 frozen chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 large jar of Salsa (your choice, we do mild because of the twins)
- Sour cream if you wish
- Spanish rice as a side if you wish
- Combine all the ingredients in the crockpot.
- Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 4-6 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred. Then place back in crockpot and stir together with the salsa broth.
- Put in a tortila and bam, you have your dish. I do not like sour cream but my husband does, so he always adds sour cream. Sometimes we will cut up some cilantro and/or green onions in put in there as well. We serve with a side of spanish rice, and its a total delight.
I am not sure if you are like me but man, I am pooped. Hosting Thanksgiving really kicked my butt. I love having family over and spending time together but all the prep can be quite exhausting. But I truly do value every moment with my family. Anywho, I wanted to share the Salsa Chicken recipe with you because it seriously takes 2 minutes to throw together and the end result is so yummy. I got this out of the Crockin Girls cookbook. If you have not bought their book, you are missing out. I strongly recommend adding it to your wishlist for Christmas. Everything I have tried from that book is truly amazing. Those girls are magic, I swear. Make sure to go visit there website as well, because they have videos that are quite informative. You can buy the cookbook for $32.95 on Amazon. So, do yourself a favor, and make some yummy salsa chicken. Its easy, quick, delicious and the whole family will love it.