These bell peppers are pre-packaged and can be found at Whole Foods.
Tasty One-Pot Fajita Pasta
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 3 chicken breasts, sliced (we used 4 small ones but probably should have used 5 small)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 5 cups of milk (we used 4 cups almond milk)
- 4 cups penne pasta
- 1 cup of pepper jack cheese, shredded (we used cheddar)
- Salsa if desired on the side.
- Heat oil in a large pot over high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until no longer pink is visible, then take the chicken out.
- Add the bell peppers, onion, cooking until the onion is translucent. Since we did not use onion, I cooked until the bell peppers were bright green and crisp.
- Add the chicken back to the pot with salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder, stirring until evenly coated.
- Add the milk and penne, stirring constantly to prevent any pasta from sticking.
- Cook for about 8-10 minutes until the pasta is cooked and the milk has reduced to a thick sauce that coats the pasta.
- Add the cheese and mix until all cheese is melted.
A couple of nights ago, we had this amazing dish that my husband found on the Tasty website. When he sent it to me, I was actually in the process of trying to find something to make that evening so the timing was perfect. I knew I had wanted something with chicken in it and we had all the ingredients except for onion, so I went with it. I will tell you that we used some small chicken breasts and because we love chicken so much, we probably could have used an addtional one, but it still worked out perfectly. The other thing different that we was used was almond milk. Honestly, the reason we made the switch was because the almond milk was about to go bad and I did not want to throw it away without using all of it. The last change we made was we used already made/cut up bell peppers from Whole Foods. I am so lazy sometimes when it comes to cutting up vegetables; so having bought these earlier in the week worked in my favor. Plus, they tasted delicious and were extra crispy. Overall, I will say this recipe was top notch for my family and we will be using more Tasty recipes soon. Let me know if you end up making it and what you think. Cheers!!
You can watch the video on how to make it on YouTube