Fall weather always makes us want to have chili around the house. It is that comfort food that makes your belly so happy. At least around here in the Offer household. Every year, Andrew (my husband) will make us some chili and we will eat on it a few times throughout that week. When Andrew told me last week that he was going to be making Chili on Sunday, I was jumping up and down for joy. Okay, maybe not really but I was pretty stoked. Now, I will be honest here and tell you that our chili does have beans in it. Which is pretty funny actually, because I do not like beans at all except in chili and the occasional Taco Bell burrito. So, I guess that means I do like beans, huh? Things that make you go hmmmm……
Anyways, our chili does have beans in it, so if you are a true Texas chili lover, do not judge us. So, if you do not have a good chili recipe and are in the search for one, do yourself a favor and check this one out. If you do not like it, do not tell Andrew, because it might hurt his feelings. However, I am sure you would enjoy it just as much as we do. Oh yeah, and the twins loved it too. WIN!
- 5 pounds of 80/20 Ground Beef or Ground Chuck
- 3 beef bullion
- 3 chicken bullion
- 29 ounce of Tomato Sauce
- 1/8th ounce of Tabasco Sauce (10 splashes)
- 32 ounces of Beef Broth
- 1.5 tablespoons of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can chili beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 packet Sazon Goya
- 1 12-ounce can of beer
- 8 tablespoons of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1.5 tablespoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Cheddar Cheese (as much as you want for the topping)
- Sour Cream (as much as you want for the topping)
- Green Onions (as much as you want for the topping)
- Frito’s Scoops (as much as you want for the topping)
- Brown beef over medium heat in a large pot, drain and return to pot.
- Add bullion, tomato sauce, Tabasco, beef broth, onion powder, and cayenne.
- Cook covered on low heat for 1 hour ensuring to stir at least every 20 minutes.
- Add 4 tablespoons of chili powder and stir well.
- Cook mostly covered for another 30 minutes.
- Cook mostly covered for 1 hour.
- Add garlic powder, cumin, pepper, sazon Goya, ranch style beans and remaining chili powder.
- Cook covered for 1 more hour.
- Serve with Frito scoops, cheddar cheese, sour cream and green onions