Happy Monday Everyone,
I am sharing a little different post with everyone today. If you have children, I am sure you can relate one way or another but I wanted to share my struggles with you. We have experienced more tantrums in the past 2 months then we have the entire 3 years they have been born. My son has been having tantrum after tantrum lately. I swear we are experiencing 30+ a day. Before 8 am this morning, he already got put in timeout twice after having 10 tandrums. So, grab yourself a glass of wine…or heck you might need a cocktail, and read some examples of what we have experienced in the past 3 days.
- Mommy you turned on the Christmas tree. I wanted to do that.
- Mommy, Iiiiii wanted to turn on the Christmas tree. ( from the kid who did not turn it on)
- Mommy, I want my IPAD, this happens 5 times a day at least.
- Mommy, I want to stay with you and not go to school. Then started screaming and crying nonstop.
- I do not want that for dinner, I wanted chicken.
- I NEED STRAWBERRY MILK, always a screaming fit in my house.
- I put on the wrong Curious George show.
- She/he wanted cereal, not eggs.
- I gave them wrong spoons.
- Christmas is in 3 days, it is not but they continue to get mad when I correct them.
- The show was over.
- My daughter loves to say “I wanted my mommmmy to pick me up, not my daddy”
- I will not let them have my phone.
- I had to cook dinner instead of play upstairs.
- I asked them to get out of the bath.
- They did not like the tag in their PJs.
- I went to bathroom.
- I left the room after telling them I had to go potty.
- I washed my hands but they wanted to wash their hands
- THE LIST COULD GO ON……
….., but you get the idea. So, the reason I am telling you all of this, is if you are someone that has faced something similar or are going through this same thing right now, you are not alone. I am prepared for them to come home and throw at least 25 more tandrums but in the end, a simple “I am sorry, and I won’t do it again” with a simple hug or kiss makes it all better; knowing that they will be doing it again in 5 minutes. At the end of the day, I would not change it for anything. I am so truly blessed with an amazing family and wonderful children, even when they drive me bonkers, I am so thankful. Happy Monday, Friends!!
Photos by Matt Gore Photography
SHOP OUR LOOKS